What is CAT Exam and Eligibility All About Entrance Registration
Aspiring MBA students in India are very familiar with the CAT exam – the entrance exam for the prestigious Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). But what exactly is the CAT exam?
The CAT exam is a computer-based test that assesses the ability of a candidate in quantitative aptitude, verbal ability and data interpretation. The exam is divided into three sections, each with a time limit of one hour.
The quantitative Aptitude section tests a candidate’s mathematical skills and ability to solve numerical problems. The Verbal Ability section assesses a candidate’s reading comprehension, grammar and vocabulary. The Data Interpretation section tests a candidate’s ability to interpret and analyze data.
A total time of 2 hours and 45 minutes is given to the candidates to complete the CAT exam.
IIMs use CAT exam scores to shortlist candidates for the next round of selection, which is the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
So, if you are planning to apply for your MBA in IIMs, start preparing for the CAT exam!
How many attempts for CAT are allowed?
The Common Admission Test, or CAT, is a standardized test used by business schools in India to admit students to their MBA programs.
The test is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and is taken by students who wish to pursue an MBA degree.
CAT is a computer-based test with multiple-choice questions divided into three sections: verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning, and quantitative ability. The test is three hours long and is taken in a single sitting.
Candidates are allowed a maximum of four attempts to take the CAT exam. Those who have already attempted the CAT exam three times are not eligible to apply for admission to the IIMs. Candidates who have appeared for the CAT exam more than three times are considered to be “super-successful” and may be admitted to the IIMs at the discretion of the individual schools.
Also Read This: What is UGC NET?
What is the passing mark for the CAT exam?
The CAT exam is a computer-based test that assesses a range of skills including verbal ability, reading comprehension, quantitative ability and data interpretation. The test is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and is a requirement for admission to many of the top business schools in India.
The pass mark for the CAT exam is 80 out of 200. This means that you need to score at least 80 out of 200 to be considered for admission to an IIM. However, keep in mind that the passing mark is just a minimum requirement and your actual score will be used in the selection process.
Is CAT difficult to pass?
There is no simple answer to the question of whether the CAT exam is difficult to pass. The exam is designed to test a range of skills and knowledge, and therefore, some people may find it more difficult than others. However, there are a few things that you can do to increase your chances of success.
Firstly, make sure that you understand the format of the exam and the types of questions that will be asked. There is a lot of information available on the internet and in books, so do your research and make sure you are as prepared as possible.
Secondly, practice as much as you can. There are some CAT mock exams available online, so take advantage of these and test yourself. This will help you to identify any areas where you need to improve.
Finally, don’t underestimate the importance of time management. The CAT exam is timed, so you will need to be able to work quickly and efficiently. Practice completing questions within the time limit, so that you are comfortable with the pace of the exam.
By following these tips, you will be giving yourself the best chance of success in the CAT exam.
CAT Exam eligibility?
The CAT Exam is the most popular entrance exam for MBA aspirants in India. Every year, lakhs of students take the exam in the hope of securing a seat in one of the top MBA colleges in the country.
If you’re planning to take the CAT Exam, the first thing you need to do is check your eligibility. To be eligible for the exam, you must:
- Be a citizen of India
- Have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university
- Have obtained at least 50% marks in your graduation
If you meet all the above criteria, you are eligible to take the CAT Exam. Once you have ascertained your eligibility, the next step is to start preparing for the exam.
With the right strategy and hard work, you can crack the CAT Exam and get into the MBA college of your choice.
Cat Exam Syllabus 2022?
If you’re preparing to take the CAT exam, it’s important to know what the syllabus covers. Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect on the test.
The CAT exam is divided into three sections: verbal ability, quantitative ability, and data interpretation. The verbal ability section tests your ability to read and understand written English. The quantitative ability section tests your ability to solve mathematical problems. The data interpretation section tests your ability to interpret data presented in charts and tables.
You will have two hours to complete the CAT exam. The Verbal Ability section is worth 40% of your total score, the Quantitative Ability section is worth 40% of your total score, and the Data Interpretation section is worth 20% of your total score.
Here is a breakdown of the Verbal Ability section:
- Reading Comprehension: You will be given passages to read and questions to answer based on those passages.
- Critical Reasoning: You will be given a short argument to analyze.
- Vocabulary: You will be tested on your knowledge of English words.
- Grammar: You will be tested on your knowledge of English grammar.
Here is a breakdown of the Quantitative Ability section:
- Arithmetic: You will be tested on your ability to solve problems involving basic arithmetic.
- Algebra: You will be tested on your ability to solve problems involving algebra.
- Geometry: You will be tested on your ability to solve problems involving geometry.
- Data Interpretation: You will be given data to interpret in the form of charts and tables.
How to apply for the cat exam 2022?
The CAT exam is the most important exam for MBA aspirants in India. The exam is conducted by the IIMs on a rotational basis and the registration process usually starts in August. The exam is usually held in November. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the CAT exam:
- The first step is to visit the official website of CAT and register yourself.
- After registration, you will be asked to fill in your personal and academic details.
- Once you have completed the form, you will be required to pay the application fee.
- After the payment is made, you will be able to download the admit card.
- The admit card will contain all the details regarding the exam such as the date, time and venue.
- On the day of the exam, you will be required to carry a valid photo ID proof along with the admit card.
- The exam will be of 3 hours duration and will consist of multiple choice questions.
- The results of the exam will be declared in January and the final selection will be made based on the candidate’s performance in the exam as well as their past academic record.