GATE 2023 Preparation Tips and Online Mock Tests
Here are some tips for students to help them prepare better for the GATE 2023 exam. In rotation, the seven IITs and IISc hold the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), one of the most prestigious engineering entrance exams in the world. For direct entry into M.Tech/Ph.D programs and GATE scores will be accepted by top institutions like IITs, IISc, and others. It will be administered by IIT Kanpur in 2023. Preparation tips and tricks are discussed in this article about GATE 2023, GATE previous year papers, and how to crack GATE.
Preparation Tips for GATE 2023
A good understanding of basic concepts is crucial for GATE, which is a highly competitive examination. This article contains tips and tricks for students preparing for GATE 2023 that will help them score high in the examination.
You Can Practice by Taking a Mock Test
An effective way to prepare for GATE is by taking a mock test. Using the above link, candidates should practice mock tests.
Mock tests are beneficial for candidates to better understand the examination pattern, answer method, and other information. Candidate performance is analyzed through mock tests.
Become Familiar With The Syllabus and Paper Pattern
There are 100 questions on the GATE exam, and to qualify as a GATE engineer, you need just 25 marks out of 100. How do you reach this magical figure of 25? You can read our blog about how to pass the GATE exam here
The GATE exam is not difficult, but it is different. GATE is an intelligent method of assessing the comprehensive knowledge of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and sciences. The test is computer-based, and questions are either multiple choice (MCQ) or numerical answer type (NAT).
MCQs do carry negative markings, so there are very few complaints about them being “lengthy”. Three hours are allotted to candidates to answer 65 questions for 100 marks.
GATE tests your engineering aptitude at the All-India level. In GATE, candidates are tested on their verbal ability and numerical ability. Mathematical engineering accounts for 15% of the total.
70% of the score is based on Technical Ability, where they check the candidate’s technical knowledge.
Make a Plan for Preparation
It is important that you are familiar with the syllabus and know what the subjects are and the topics you need to prepare for. Plan your preparation strategy based on previous years’ question papers and the weighting of each subject.
Your second and third years of engineering will mostly consist of these subjects. We can conclude that you are aware of your strengths and weaknesses, which will allow you to allocate time accordingly.
Beginner subjects should be easy and important, like engineering mathematics, general aptitude, and technical subject. The importance of subjects that have been heavily weighted in the past also cannot be overstated.
Management of Time
During exam preparation, time management is crucial. Preparation should begin with a proper schedule that covers all subjects/topics. Provide more attention to subjects that are asked every year for more attention.
Keep Your Health in Check
Students tend to neglect their health when preparing for exams. It is impossible to prepare well if you are not healthy, so eat a nutritious diet and avoid junk foods. To relieve or relax your body, you can also practice yoga or meditation. Make sure you get at least eight hours of sleep every day.
Make sure you complete the syllabus in time so that you will have time to revise. Before taking an examination, revising helps you remember many things that may have slipped your mind. Preparation of important topics should be allotted during the last two days of the examination.
If you don’t revise them regularly, making revision notes is not ideal. When you are finished with one subject, move on to the next and make sure you review the first subject again with the second.
A minimum of 50-80 sums must be practised every day. You will stay sharp and be able to work faster and more accurately if you do this.
Reference Books and Study Materials
It is especially important to select good study materials at the beginning of the preparation process since students need to be able to understand every concept in depth. Furthermore, you can get your doubts clarified by the professor.
It would be a good idea to refer to 1-2 books for each subject. Your college library may also have reference books. If you want to brush up on the basics of the concept, you can refer to notes from your college as well.
Also Read This: Top 10 GMAT Coaching Institutes in India
Make Sure You Take Tests Every Day
Understand your strengths and weaknesses by taking as many topic- and subject-specific tests as possible. Spend more time practising your weak areas once you identify them. Revision should be accompanied by two to four tests so that concepts can be recalled.
Your confidence will grow every day if you devote ample time to your preparation. Solve previous year’s ques papers. It is impossible to get a good score if you cannot master the concepts in GATE, but the questions are never repeated. Both online and offline tests are available for a variety of topics and subjects.
Mock Tests of Multiple Types
- Take multiple mock tests before your GATE exam if you have completed your entire syllabus at least 2 months before the exam. It is not enough to have good technical knowledge, since the GATE is a timed examination.
- The exam consists of 65 questions and some of them have negative markings. It will take you three hours to complete it. Furthermore, you must be precise and accurate, as well as manage your time effectively. It is therefore important to take multiple mock tests to ensure that you become better as time passes.
- With this tool, you’ll be able to identify which types of questions are easy for you and which ones are difficult for you. Make sure the mock test you take for GATE is based on the latest paper pattern, as you will find many online mock tests for GATE.
Tips For The Last Minute
- The last few days are a good time to revise what you already know, rather than learn new topics. Keep your sleeping cycle in check by eating healthily, drinking water, and staying hydrated. Negativity should be avoided.
- Never underestimate your ability to do well at GATE. Remember your bright future when you get into the college of your dreams and land the job of your dreams.
- It is said that a dull boy works all day and plays all night. Your study schedule should include the necessary breaks.
- Balance your semester exams, your GATE preparations, and your extra-curricular activities by making and following a study schedule. Don’t stop practising and revising. Put forth consistent effort in your preparation.
- Don’t shy away from mock tests and take your tests every day. Keeping a positive attitude and doing it all will help you achieve your goals.
- What is the preparation time for GATE 2023?
GATE preparation does not have a fixed timeframe. Starting preparation for the exam as soon as possible is recommended for candidates planning to write the exam.
- What is the best way to prepare for GATE 2023?
On this page, you will find GATE 2023 preparation tips. Under the preparation for the GATE 2023 heading, please read them.
- During GATE preparation 2023, why is it important to prepare self-notes?
We remember the subject matter for a long time after reading self-written notes because they are easily understood
- What is the best way to prepare for GATE online?
Various coaching institutes offer online GATE 2023 courses and candidates can use Youtube videos to prepare for the exam.
- How can I obtain a copy of the preparation syllabus for GATE 2023?
Here you can find the complete syllabus for GATE 2023.